Frequently Asked Questions Disabled persons and caregivers

Disabled persons and caregivers

I am a caregiver for a loved one. Can I apply for a parking permit?

Caregiver parking permits are for caregivers (general family members) who are not permanent residents in the given area and who take care of the basic needs of a person in need of care.

The holder of the parking permit is a citizen with permanent residence in the given area who has reached the age of 80 or who has been granted a care allowance of at least level III and who is also not a holder of a resident parking permit. The permit is issued for a max. of 3 vehicles and for at most 5 parking sub-zones.

Permalink Link copied

I am physically disabled and a holder of a ZTP card

There are "shared spots" for ZTP card holders in Prague reserved for the needs of those with physical disabilities. These are at sites where an increased presence of physically disabled persons can be expected. Parking in these spots is free for vehicles marked with an O7 parking permit. Holders of a ZTP card have the right to a discount rate for a Resident Parking Permit and a Parking Permit for ZTP Holders (document only available in Czech). Physically disabled citizens with permanent residence in a given area can also apply for a reserved parking spot (i.e. for a specific vehicle registration plate). These spots are established for a specific vehicle in accordance with Section 25 of Act No. 13/1997 Coll. on Roads and are exempt from paying a local fee for use of public space (more info here: Application for a reserved parking spot contract for a physically disabled person)

Find more information here.

Permalink Link copied

Didn't find what you were looking for? Write us!